Within our Internal Audit department we are now looking for an Operational Auditor
Vion’s Internal Audit department (5 FTE’s) provides integrated assurances for the business. By performing audits and business reviews, internal audit contributes to the improvement of internal control, risk management and operational excellence within Vion by:
- Performing operational audits on existing processes to identify control gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Performing data analysis to enhance the effectiveness of audits, help the divisions to analyze the business and to add fraud prevention and detection.
- Adding value to the performance of Vion’s operations by:
- sharing good practices across various entities;
- supporting the redesign of processes to properly embed effective internal controls; and
- providing valuable advice to all levels of management on internal control and risk management.
As our new Operational auditor, your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the execution of the annual audit plan, prepare data, monitor progress and report on audits and status of the plan to the Senior Audit manager;
- Support the follow up of the internal audit findings;
- Investigate additional opportunities to strengthen the operational audits with data analytics;
- Assist in risk management workshop;
- Be part of business support projects.
You will report directly to Peter Paul Schellekens, our Director internal audit. The position is based in Boxtel, hybrid working is an option.
- 2 to 4 years of (relevant) experience in internal audit or internal control;
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls;
- Background or affinity with data analytics and/or with IT audit is a major plus;
- Business proficiency in Dutch & English is required. Knowledge of the German language is a big plus.
- Professional user of MS Office products (expert user of Excel) and data analytics tools like IDEA or ACL;
- Travel of 20% -30% within the Netherlands and Germany;
- No 9 to 5 mentality
Our candidate is:
- Analytical and conceptual – you are a good observer and you are able to present complex findings into concrete recommendations;
- Reliable and accurate – you work structured and precise;
- Result driven and output focused – you are results-oriented and independent, your focus is on "getting things done" and you are able to plan your own work and set effective priorities;
- Innovative – you identify opportunities and act accordingly;
- Critical, but also pleasant – you have a critical, but constructive, attitude towards the your colleagues and stake holders;
- Integrity – you align your actions with your values for a high level of fulfillment and integrity;
- Team player – you are a professionals and have the ability to connect with all different stakeholders in the organization.
Headquartered in Boxtel in the Netherlands, Vion is an international food company with production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices and representatives in sixteen countries across the globe. Our Pork, Beef, Food Service, and Retail Business Units produce fresh pork and beef meat, meat-products, and plant-based food products for the retail, food service, and the meat processing industry. We are positioned at the mid-point of these supply chains, balancing demand and supply and, together with our chain partners, are driving the transition towards future-proof protein chains. In doing so, we as Vion strive to take a frontrunner position in our industry and provide ‘Food that Matters’ for a world where people enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Sharp, Connected and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. We challenge you. We motivate you, we coach you. To get the best out of yourself and your colleagues, to be distinctive. To develop yourself and to make the difference in the international Vion world. We give you room to grow. Do you have the guts to give your ambition free rein?
For more information about the position you can contact Peter Paul Schellekens (email@example.com)
For more information about the recruitment process you can contact Jolanda van der Putten (Jolanda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
We challenge you to share your talents with us by sending your resume and motivation by clicking on the application button below.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Please note that the focus will be on both finding the right internal and/or external candidates.