Finance Management Traineeship
As of March we would like to welcome a group of talents with a higher education background from the Netherlands and Germany to join us for a Finance Traineeship of 12 months. Preparing you to for a career in Finance within Vion.
Food that Matters
Vion believes in a world where consumers can enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources. By bringing people together, we build future-proof protein chains and deliver Food that Matters. Vion is at the center of the food chain and we see it as our responsibility to connect and balance supply and demand. Via 'Building Balanced Chains' we give farmers a future and customers a difference. As an international food company, Vion has production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices worldwide. With over 12.281 employees and a turnover of € 5 billion in 2021, we are in the world's top 100 food & beverage companies. Within the Finance discipline we strengthening our financial position and ensure the analytical insights to both our internal and external stakeholders.
Our food industry is developing at a rapid pace, in order to continue positioning ourselves as a game-changer, we would like to invest in young graduates and bachelors through this Finance Traineeship. Real talents with the ability to look beyond borders, who can work from a helicopter view, are able to make a contribution in ambitious projects and complex responsibilities and will eventually grow into a key position in Finance management.
During this Finance Traineeship you will get an UNIQUE opportunity to get insight in the processes and areas at corporate level (e.g. Treasury, Corporate Finance, Group Control & Accounting and Credit Risk Management) as well as at business unit(s) level (e.g. Project Management, Sales and Business controlling). You will be able to further develop your professional Finance capabilities and explore in which area your Finance talent needs more attention and discover what you are good at, like the most and want to develop.
In this journey you will start a 12 months programme in which you will:
- gain practical experience in various Finance (business) departments of Vion;
- will work on projects within the Business Unit and participate in the Group Finance Department, in which you will be intensively coached by internal mentors but are also responsible for your own learning process;
- follow learning modules to develop effectively as finance professional, for example change management and project-based working;
- get insights on our Group Finance departments to gain knowledge of relevant and current Vion Finance requirements, such as Tax, Compliance, Internal audit, Legal, Treasury, Credit Management, Robotics, etc.;
- work on your personal development plan via supervised intervision meetings with the other Trainees, but also through peer support;
After this Traineeship you will have a clear overview of your knowledge and skills and if you do well, you will be offered the possibility to fulfil a Finance role within Vion.
Our ideal candidate has
- A completed master or bachelor degree in Finance;
- Maximum 1 year of working experience;
- Communication skills in English, both German and Dutch are an advantage;
- The ambition to actually grow into a senior Finance position;
- The flexibility to work on various projects in different departments and locations during this traineeship;
- Willingness to work a period of your assignment in abroad in Germany and/or Netherlands;
- A driving license;
Furthermore you are open to the challenge ahead, dare to think outside the box and act accordingly, and are eager to distinguish your talent in an international environment!
What can you expect from us?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a team of enthusiastic Finance professionals and offer a 12 month Vion contract with a competitive package of employment conditions. Thorough and inspiring Traineeship programme that not only has a large internal support base but is also supported by an external consultancy agency.
If you would like more information about this position or would like to respond immediately, please e-mail your CV and motivation using the application button below.
The application procedure will consist of a telephone interview, several selection interviews and an assessment at the end of the procedure.
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage
Hoofdkantoor Vion Foodgroup
Boseind 15, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)