Head of Master Data Management
Vion is a vital company in the food chain in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices in sixteen countries worldwide. Due to its size in the chain from farm to fork, the company plays an important social role in the sustainable food supply. This work matters.
Every day, 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal containing a piece of Vion. This amount comes with a great responsibility.
Vion Food’s 2024 strategy is focused on ‘building balanced chains’ to deliver healthy nutritious Food that Matters for a growing population. By sharing information with chain partners like feed suppliers, farmers and retailers we can reduce environmental impact, improve animal welfare and deliver on customer needs. Master data is at the core of many of these developments, which makes this role critically important for Vion future success and as such combines strategic thinking, developing roadmaps, but also translating this into daily operations with the team to ensure stable high quality performance.
The Head of MDM oversees all MDM related business processes and is responsible for timely and correct execution of master data changes across Vion. The Head of MDM reports directly into Global business Services, part of the Group Control department. Bert Meinema will be the hiring manager.
The current MDM team consists of around 10 employees. An important part of the role is to build and strengthen the MDM governance structure. This includes leading a matrix organization that includes close to 40 business owners across Vion Food and coordinating the change management process for the change management board. The aim is to ensure all business initiatives or projects are timely discussed, prepared and reviewed for their impact on MDM. This structure includes senior C-level sponsors, Process owners and Data stewards across all relevant functions.
- Provides leadership and direction for the MDM team of 10 FTE
- Responsible for all MDM related business processes
- Build and strengthen the MDM governance structure
- Responsible for timely and correct execution of master data changes across Vion
- Conducts audits to ensure that policies, procedures and metrics are in place for maintaining/improving the program
- Active involvement in all process and IT initiatives that are cross-region or cross-function to assess impact on (master) data or group applications
- Provides accurate and timely technical accounting and internal/external audit support (IFRS and, in some cases in fiscal or internal audit matters)
- Ensure availability of process knowledge and technical competence in the own responsibility area and ensure proper back-up structures are in place.
- Verifies quality and consistency in methodology and accounting principles applied in own responsibility area. Identifies and timely escalates issues that cannot be solved in the team
- Ensures up-to-date and accessible process documentation for all key-activities in the teams using standard operation procedures and process maps linked to KPI’s
- Drives a quality culture of continuous improvement focused on simplification and standardization through the use of LEAN and VOS methodologies to ensure data driven decisions by constant measurement of key process indicators to track success
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor/MSc degree in Data Management, Finance, IT or Engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience of which at least +2 years of management and MDM experience
- Senior leadership. Processes can be time sensitive and require fast solutioning
- Knowledge of data governance, data migration and data quality according to DMAIC or similar quality frameworks
- Knowledge of international or business specific master data principles and guidelines
- Effective oversight, planning and implementation of systems and processes, understanding cross-functional and financial implications
- Managing multiple and competing priorities in a complex international environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of SAP FI or similar ERP’s
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to effective work with different stakeholders
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong communication skills. Oral and written expression skills in English, command of the Dutch and/or German language is a strong plus.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. You will be able to influence and shape Vion's central MDM model. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Do you have it in you?
Sharp, Connected and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. We challenge you. We motivate you, we coach you. To get the best out of yourself and your colleagues, to be distinctive. To develop yourself and to make the difference in the international Vion world. We give you room to grow. Do you have the guts to give your ambition free rein?
For more information about the position you can contact Antwan van Engen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the recruitment process you can contact Sophie Goldenbeld (email@example.com)
We challenge you to share your talents with us by sending your resume and motivation by clicking on the application button below.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Hoofdkantoor Vion Foodgroup
Boseind 15, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)