What do you do as a Data Analyst?
As a Data Analyst you will play a big part in our Vion Business Analytics Competence Center (VBACC). Vion aims to become a data driven organization. The further development of a Vion-wide Azure data platform is a key step in doing so.
You will act as the bridge between the business stakeholders and the development team, Data engineers, Data modelers, Front-end specialists. You will work in an Agile environment where you discuss requirements with business stakeholders, translate them into solution designs, plan the deliverables, and work as part of the development team towards a successful result. You will perform exploratory data analysis, identify and perform data quality checks, and are able to communicate findings clearly to the relevant stakeholders in the organization.
Top 100 food company
Every day 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal with a little bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a big responsibility. At Vion we work passionately every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. How can you contribute to this?
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- create the bridge between the business stakeholders and the development team;
- you gather requirements in the business for dashboards / reports and translate them into appropriate solution designs;
- you provide technical support to developers in the business and plan the deliverables;
- you will standardize, optimize and safeguard the Vion processes and dashboard functionalities like designs, scripting, presentation choices, test findings, availability and authorizations in collaboration with the other BI team members, the BI Product Owners, the MDM team and the department IM&T;
- you will contribute to and guide the reporting questions and projects based on your BI knowledge and business affinity;
- you give solicited and unsolicited advice to the BI Product Owners and Management in the field of BI process improvements and data quality;
- you perform exploratory data analysis;
- you will identify and perform data validation and communicate the findings to the relevant stakeholders to improve business processes.
What do we expect from you?
- you have a Master’s degree in IT or technical subject;
- you have a minimum 3 years of experience with business analysis and data analysis;
- you have experience with the Agile and Scrum way of working and with Data warehousing and Business intelligence projects;
- knowledge of SQL, Python, Microsoft Azure, data visualization tools;
- strong communication skills both verbal and written and fluent in Dutch and English;
- strong analytical skills;
- you are able to structure and solve both conceptual and concrete problems;
- pro-active, pragmatic, customer-oriented, hands on mentality with regards to data;
- team player with good social skills.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position, with proven suitability, within a leading international food company, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. You will be able to influence and shape Vion's digital transition. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, or would you like to have more information about this position? Share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume via the apply button below. For information ask Maartje Faassen via phone number +31 88 995 3555
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Hoofdkantoor Vion Foodgroup
Boseind 15, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)