The IT Controller will report to the Director Group Control with a dotted line to the CIO. The Group Control Department has 4 sub-departments: FP&A, Financial Applications like HFM, Vinci and B-Wise, Accounting, Reporting & Compliance and Business Analytics, so called VBA-CC. The Group Control team is on a journey to further develop and increase efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the company. This journey includes the development of innovative tools like Business Intelligence, Robot Process Automation, etc. This also applies to the IM&T department, which obviously is strongly involved in these projects.
The IM&T department provides our organisation within all of its IT needs. The IM&T team works mainly from 3 locations in the Netherlands and Germany, with approximately 170 FTE and an annual spend of about €50m OPEX and a CAPEX budget of €15m to €20m.
The IT Controller is part of the FP&A department, but is also a key position within the IM&T Management Team working in our corporate offices in Boxtel.
Further optimising of the budget and forecasting processes and further improvement of the relevance and reliability of management information will be an important part of the responsibilities. In addition the IT controller also has a main responsibility in the monitoring and governing the IT projects, which includes capitalisation of the internal hours of the IT projects in line with the accounting manual. Also, the development and implementation of improvements regarding transparency and clarity in the area of the internal control environment is a key responsibility for this role.
Top 100 food company
Every day 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal with a little bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a big responsibility. At Vion we work passionately every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. How can you contribute to this?
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- provide solicited and unsolicited advice to the CIO in the areas of profitability, and the development of costs, balance sheets and cash flows based on the planning and control cycle;
- analysing, including the qualitative substantiation, the integral connections between the companies policies, activities, resources and budget;
- consolidating and explaining management the information on the results achieved, including the correct connections between the accounting and the actual activities;
- ensuring the right costs are charged to the business units and operating companies that are supported by the IM&T department by optimizing the cross charge model and clear communication to all Finance Controlling colleagues at the BU’s and at HQ, during budget and throughout the year;
- control the IT project portfolio, provide and challenge business cases for individual projects, monitor the running projects and provide insight in the impact of projects to the running costs;
- development of 5 year Long term Plans, OPEX and CAPEX with IM&T management team and BU’s.
What do we expect from you?
- 5-7 years financial business related experience;
- you have a Master or Post Master degree in controlling or equivalent;
- you have experience in IT controlling within large international context;
- strongly analytical and conceptual – able to present in a convincing way, and to act quickly from the analysis of a situation towards action;
- reliable and accurate, you work structured and precise, you are results-oriented and independent, your focus is on getting things done and you are able to plan your own work and set effective priorities;
- innovative, you strive for success, identify opportunities and act accordingly, you start from yourself rather than passively waiting for others to act;
- in possession of strong communication skills, results of calculations translated into understandable advice;
- knowledge of IFRS and internal control frameworks is preferred;
- critical in a pleasant way;
- you have a hands-on mentality with tenacious attention to detail, and able to work exactly and precisely, you are pragmatic when necessary;
- you can drive changes are resilient and can easy oversee the total overview of complex topics;
- you are occasionally expected to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
- your Dutch and English are fluent both oral and written, while German is a big plus.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position, with proven suitability, within a leading international food company, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, or would you like to have more information about this position? Share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume via the apply button below.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Hoofdkantoor Vion Foodgroup
Boseind 15, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)