Senior Product Developer NPD
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- Developer from early ideation to implementation of deli meat products, meat products and alternatives.
- An proactive team member and driver in projects which concern; product, process and recipe optimization (cost reduction and / or quality improvement, customer requirements and / or changing legislation)
- Steer & coordinates implementation by trial productions, product related work descriptions and implementing recipes
- Is working on new product, concept and process development, under the preconditions of the possibilities of existing and new production processes
- Ability to plan and draw up timelines and project plans for renovations of products and plans for new products to be developed
- An open communicator able to be a sparring partner with all relevant disciplines such as quality, production, sales, product management, account managers, location managers, quality managers and product managers
- Analyzing and assessing reports from research agencies and / or laboratories.
- Providing product presentations and producing test samples for (potential) customers, photography, trade fairs, laboratories and / or research agencies.
- Testing new processes, ingredients and additives to explore and report the benefits for Vion.
For this role we are a looking for a candidate with:
- Degree in Food technology, food design, butchery or equivalent education.
- Experience in a comparable position necessary
- Well-developed taste and culinary skills and curiosity about consumer trends, ingredients, culinary developments and changes (a real foodie)
- Strong hands-on mentality
- Good command of MS Office
- Proactive working attitude
- Fluent Dutch, English (both orally and in writing), some German is a big plus
- Willingness to travel
Vion is an international meat producer with production locations in The Netherlands and Germany and sales support offices in sixteen countries worldwide. Through its four business units – Pork, Beef, Food Service and Retail – the company provides fresh pork and beef, and derived products for retail, foodservice and the processed meat industries. Vion supplies customers in its home markets of The Netherlands and Germany, other countries in Europe and the rest of the world. Vion’s headquarters are located in Boxtel (The Netherlands).
Business Unit Retail
As a result of the Vion strategy 2020-2024 ‘towards a sustainable future’ a new business unit Retail has been established during the end of 2019. This business unit is responsible for prepacked fresh meat products, meat alternatives and processed deli meat products.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, please send your application letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the focus will be on both finding the right internal and/or external candidates.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Vion Groenlo Retail BV
Den Sliem 1, 7141 JH Groenlo (GE)