Procurement Category Manager
You have a commercial drive, are eager, show initiative and are able to implement! You are a team player fitting in an enthusiastic team.
There are a number of areas within the Procurement department in direct and indirect categories e.g. Packaging, Energy, Facilities, Capex/MRO, Logistics and Ingredients / Food. As a Category Manager you are responsible for one of these categories
You will be purchasing for the entire Vion Food Group with its locations in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. Together with your colleagues, you will be strategically and operationally responsible for your product area.
You are or will become the specialist in your category, understanding the cost drivers and the market conditions and are therefore able to provide tailor-made advice. This advice contributes to improving the efficiency of the category in the broadest sense.
Top 100 food company
Every day 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal with a little bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a big responsibility. At Vion we work passionately every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. How can you contribute to this?
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- The tactical and strategic purchasing of articles within the category, in coordination with the Procurement Manager;
- Conducting market research and market explorations;
- Within frameworks and in coordination with the Manager:
- selecting suppliers
- negotiate commercial terms and delivery times
- coordinating the quality requirements and service of suppliers
- supervising complaints
- making price agreements
- concluding contracts with suppliers
- managing the relationship with suppliers
- manage projects
- To play a leading role in advising on developments / innovations within the category;
- The preparation and keeping up to date of category plans, reports, action lists and cost saving proposals (TCO);
- Functional management of local buyers and problem solving in collaboration with department managers and QA;
- Advise locations on the category and the total procurement program.
What do we expect from you?
For the position of Procurement Category Manager we are looking for the person who knows how to bridge conflicting interests. Someone who can negotiate and not lose sight of the overall interests of the company.
Our candidate has:
- Bachelor or Master / MBA with a technical or commercial background;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position in the food industry, with demonstrable tactical and strategic experience and project management;
- Excellent command of Dutch, English and German, both spoken and written;
- A driver's license and is willing to travel regularly within the Netherlands and Germany;
- You are open minded, you can listen well, seek collaboration and challenges and can manage change;
- You are analytically strong and result-oriented.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position within a leading international food company, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, or would you like to have more information about this position? Share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume before June 14th via the ‘apply’ button below. For information ask Milena van Maasakker via phone number +316 187 499 79
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.
Hoofdkantoor Vion Foodgroup
Boseind 15, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)