Business Analyst - Ingredients
Within Vion, the Ingredients team is responsible for adding value to by-products that are further processed into products such as gelatine, proteins and fats, and ultimately used for several purposes in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food, feed, energy and technology industries globally. Ingredients / by-products are a substantial part of volume and hence maximizing value on these products is key in valorizing the animal from head to tail. To make the right decisions we are looking for a Business Analyst to strengthen our team. This function will be across both or Beef as Pork business units and has a strong connection with multiple disciplines as sales, operations and finance.
The Business Analyst is ambitious and wants to develop further in a strategic and central position within the organization. The Business Analyst reports to the Director Ingredients (Freek van den Eijnden) and is broadly deployable to provide support, mostly on a project basis, on strategic, operational and tactical issues. The Business Analyst often has a facilitating role, manages the delivery of the desired result and ensures the right coordination with and between the stakeholders involved. A real team player, with a pragmatic and down-to-earth character, excellent analytical and project management skills and abstract thinking ability can immediately add a lot of value.
Top 100 food company
Every day 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal with a little bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a big responsibility. At Vion we work passionately every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. How can you contribute to this?
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- Support in the preparation of strategic and tactical decision-making;
- Perform (complex) analyses and help with the preparation of important customer negotiations, commercial/operational improvements and strategic business plans;
- Work with and seek coordination between different layers of the organization, from the production floor to senior management;
- Prepare and report weekly and periodic financials;
- Draft business cases for new activities and initiatives;
- Have a role in preparing the budgets and forecasting;
- Provide the sales and product managers with insights and support with decision making e.g,. stocks, costs and markets;
- Assist in preparing key meeting (internal and external) e.g., Business review meetings of Ingredients and customer presentations;
- Make clear presentations and present findings to involved stakeholders;
- Be an important sparring partner of the Director Ingredients and the rest of the team.
What do we expect from you?
- Ambitious, learn quickly and want to develop yourself;
- Pragmatic and focused on results;
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done;
- Excellent analytical skills and an abstract thinking ability, to apply conceptual models and solutions in a complex environment;
- Diplomatic, helpful, critical and tenacious;
- Good with Excel and PowerPoint;
- Quick learner at IT and knowledge of ERP-systems, HFM and SAP are an advantage;
- Basic financial knowledge or are willing to learn this.
Our candidate has:
- A Bachelor with an economical background;
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position in the food industry;
- Knowledge of the English language is excellent. Dutch and German are an advantage;
- A driver's license and is willing to travel regularly within the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position within a leading international food company, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
- A competitive salary based on 38 hours per week, this is a salary between €3.000,- and €4.460,- based on knowledge and experience. The salary is based on 4 weeks.
- Besides the salary you will receive a year-end bonus.
- The position is for 38 hours per week.
- Unlimited access to the Vion Academy with a multitude of trainings and courses for your own personal development and growth.
- Opportunities for external training for your own personal development and growth.
- Vion has several interesting employee schemes, such as a bicycle plan and collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, or would you like to have more information about this position? Share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume via the ‘apply’ button below. For information ask Jan-Willem Westen via phone number +316 81119129.