This position requires residency in the Netherlands.
As a project manager, you know what this role involves. Let’s not dwell on that for too long. You know you will be responsible for the success of your projects, by managing content, budget and timelines in line with customer expectations. Besides that, we expect that you have a valuable impact on improving the general project management organization within Vion. For example by improving project governance and/or by coaching junior colleagues. Vion is rapidly adopting professional project management methods and we expect you to guide and coach your business contacts on their journey.
So why would you choose Vion? At Vion you really contribute to topics that are high on the political agenda of The Netherlands. Topics like protein based food (meat), sustainability and the nitrogen policy. That's the world of Vion and that's is why it's so cool to work for us. So do not hesitate and let us know how you start contributing!
As our new project manager, you are responsible for implementing solutions and services. This requires leading project teams consisting of IT and business colleagues. This is what a typical week of a project manager at Vion looks like:
- The types of projects vary from simple software updates to full-scale platform and business model upgrades across Germany & The Netherlands, in various Business Units
- You will plan your day /week according to the needs of your projects. This means that we will not give you a rigid schedule. We are sure that you are able to manage your own time
- If you do not need to travel to a(n) (international) site, you’re managing your project from all angles. This can either be at the office or from your own home (hybrid working is no problem)
- If you are at the office you need to prioritize stringently. There are casual coffee catch-ups, someone is always celebrating something with cake and cookies, and lunch at the cafeteria with colleagues is something you do not want to miss.
- Make sure you are up to date with the latest Pop Culture topics, which are helpful during team Trivia/pub-quiz evenings
Some examples of projects you can expect to lead at Vion:
- Optimizing the purchasing processes for all MRO items
- Implementing a new shop-in-shop concept for Vion
- Integration of a newly acquired company into the Vion organization
- Implementing a new transport management system
- Carbon footprint reduction projects
- A new product introduction
The three most important characteristics of a successful project manager at Vion:
- business driven
Your added value comes from your previous experience, backed by a valuable certification in the field of project management, such as Prince2 Practitioner, IPMA-C, a PMP certification or similar.
Vion is a dynamic environment, which means that not all relevant information is readily available. We are looking for people who aren't intimidated by this, but rather: are happy to find their way in spite of that. Assertiveness helps you in this: you approach people open-mindedly. On top of that, in everything you do, you keep your customer in mind. Delivering the products/projects alone is not enough, you also make sure that the users are able to work with them, and keep in mind the preconditions that you and your project owner have agreed upon. You are aware that for your stakeholders, the project end is just the beginning.
In order to be successful in this challenging position, you must have completed an HBO education or higher. Preferably in an industrial, business, technical or IT direction. Certified Prince2 Practitioner, IPMA-C, PMP certification or similar is a plus.
We prefer candidates that have experience in, or affinity with (agrifood) production companies with multiple production locations, and the dynamics that this entails.
You will be working in an international and dynamic environment, so English and either German or Dutch are no problem for you. You can work from either The Netherlands or Germany, just as long as your are willing to travel occasionally.
Headquartered in Boxtel in the Netherlands, Vion is an international food company with production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices and representatives in sixteen countries across the globe. We are positioned at the mid-point of the protein supply chains, balancing demand and supply and, together with our chain partners, are driving the transition towards future-proof protein chains. In doing so, we as Vion strive to take a frontrunner position in our industry and provide ‘Food that Matters’ for a world where people enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources.
The company's strategy gives priority to four themes: food safety, animal welfare, transparency and traceability, and product integrity. The IT organization works together with colleagues from the business on challenging IT solutions that contribute to these strategic objectives.
What can you expect from us?
- We offer a versatile role within a leading international food company where you’ll find space to get the best out of yourself;
- Every day is different. In this dynamic sector you never know what you will get on your plate the next day.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 vacation days (including the option to purchase 5 additional days).
- In addition to the salary, you will receive 8% holiday pay;
- It concerns a function for 40 hours a week;
- Your home-work travel expenses are reimbursed from 0 until 75 km one way (€0,19 per KM);
- Unlimited access to the Vion Academy with more than 600 different training courses and courses for your own personal development and growth;
- Opportunities for doing external training for your own personal development and growth;
- Vion has various schemes for active participants, such as a bicycle plan and group health insurance.
Do you have it in you?
Sharp, Connected and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. We challenge you. We motivate you, we coach you. To get the best out of yourself and your colleagues, to be distinctive. To develop yourself and to make the difference in the international Vion world. We give you room to grow. Do you have the guts to give your ambition free reign?
For more information about the position you can contact Alex Eekel (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the recruitment process you can contact Sophie Goldenbeld (email@example.com)
We challenge you to share your talents with us by sending your resume and motivation by clicking on the application button below.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.