Manager Accounting & Reporting
In your role as Manager Accounting and Reporting you will lead 3 teams; the Dutch Accounting & Reporting team, the German Accounting & Reporting team and the Financial Systems team (7 FTE in total). The team is part of the Group Control department which also includes the Financial Planning & Analysis department and Global Business Services (SSC and MDM). The Group Control team is on a journey to further develop and increase efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the Company. This journey includes further development of innovative tools like Business Intelligence, Robot Process Automation, etc. In your role you will have a great responsibility and contribution to these developments.
The role is a key position within the Group Control department and is responsible for managing the financial accounting and reporting activities of the company to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS), corporate policies, ESG reporting and internal & external audits at corporate level. You will report to the Director Group Control and you will act as a true sparring partner to the stakeholders both at corporate and business unit level. The position is based in Boxtel, hybrid working is an option.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and coach the team and oversee all daily operations of the team;
- Maintain the internal system for CSR reporting and prioritization, including a repository of key ESG metrics;
- Drive, coordinate and complete the Company’s annual (integrated) report and audit and co-coordinate local statutory audits;
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders involved and ensure improvement of systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Act as the accounting & ESG expert and business partner to support complex topics and ensure compliance and accuracy of the IFRS & ESG reporting standards;
- Be the true business partner and sparring partner for the business unit finance teams, shared service center and (finance) management through value adding analysis and support on finance related issues;
- Participate in and / or manage ad-hoc finance projects across the organization;
- Manage further improvements to the financial systems and related financial processes;
- Work closely, but independently, with the Director Group Control and other teams on the further professionalizing and innovating of the finance function.
We are looking for an energetic and innovative finance Manager with extensive IFRS experience in a (international) corporate environment who likes to drive changes. You believe in your own ability to achieve results and feel responsible to make a significant contribution in the further improvement and optimization of the finance function within a large international organisation in a proactive and forward-thinking way.
- Over 10 years financial business related experience (preferably in a big-4 audit firm);
- Master or Post Master degree in accounting, RA(CPA) or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS;
- You are well experienced with corporate integrated reporting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation and organizational skills;
- Strong, independent self –starter, as well as collaborative problem solver;
- You can drive changes and can easy oversee the total overview of complex topics;
- Ability to multi-task across a range of projects with constantly shifting priorities;
- Your leadership skills are sufficient to organize effective communication within the team and amongst the internal organization and stakeholders;
- You are occasionally expected to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
- Your Dutch and English are fluent both orally and in writing, while German is a big plus.
Headquartered in Boxtel in the Netherlands, Vion is an international food company with production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices and representatives in sixteen countries across the globe. Our Pork, Beef, Food Service, and Retail Business Units produce fresh pork and beef meat, meat-products, and plant-based food products for the retail, food service, and the meat processing industry. We are positioned at the mid-point of these supply chains, balancing demand and supply and, together with our chain partners, are driving the transition towards future-proof protein chains. In doing so, we as Vion strive to take a frontrunner position in our industry and provide ‘Food that Matters’ for a world where people enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources.
What can you expect from us?
In our company you will have an attractive, versatile and permanent position, with around 12.400 employees worldwide, innovative market concepts and clear core values. We offer excellent working conditions and an inspiring environment to work in and an enthusiastic team.
Sharp, Connected and Brave. Those are Vion’s core values. We challenge you. We motivate you, we coach you. To get the best out of yourself and your colleagues, to be distinctive. To develop yourself and to make the difference in the international Vion world. We give you room to grow. Do you have the guts to give your ambition free rein?
For more information about the position you can contact Antwan van Engen (email@example.com)
For more information about the recruitment process you can contact Jolanda van der Putten (Jolanda.firstname.lastname@example.org)
We challenge you to share your talents with us by sending your resume and motivation by clicking on the application button below.
For this position Vion is looking for direct contacts with potential candidates; we appreciate if companies do not offer their services in this.